In my opinion, I think Linked In is a good tool to use for
networking. I’ve been using it for a few
years mainly to stay in touch with coworkers from previous jobs I’ve had. From the experience I’ve had with LinkedIn,
it seems as if more people age 40 and older use the site, while people 40 and
younger gravitate to Facebook. LinkedIn
is more for professionals and job seekers, and Facebook is used for friends and
family. LinkedIn can make you as a
person more available or accessible to other people in your own professional network, as well as potential employers. Today, there are many companies who search
LinkedIn and Facebook for prospective employees.
For the most part, I think LinkedIn is beneficial, and I
really don’t have any concerns about it.
The only thing I find annoying is when it asks about connecting to
people in your address book. I once made
the mistake of sending invitations to everyone in my address book and ticked
off a few people. Now I’m a little more particular
about who I send connect with using LinkedIn – it’s always good to be selective
when using this type of site. In fact,
below is a link to a recent event that happened on LinkedIn. It’s a cautionary tale that everyone should
read, and is all the more reason why people should always be careful what they
post online.
No comments:
Post a Comment