Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Chapter 4 Communicating Online


There are many different ways of communicating online.  Most of us think of email first and foremost when talking about communicating online, especially in the workplace. Even though email has been around for a long time, there were some new things I learned about email rules and signature files.

This chapter discussed many other ways of communicating with others that have become more popular in recent years.  Text messaging, instant messaging, and chat rooms seem to have become “old hat” at this point in time.  Twitter is one of the more popular ways of communicating online these days.  I had never heard of Vlingo, which allows you to speak into your phone and have what you say get instantly posted to Twitter.  To me, that was something worth checking out, so I downloaded it to my phone to try it out.  http://www.vlingo.com/apps/android
 
Social bookmarking sites like Delicious and Digg have been around for a while, but I hadn’t used either one of them until I took this class.  I plan on using both from here on out so that I can share my bookmarks with others, and use other people’s bookmarks to help me develop my PLN.  While reading further about social bookmarking, I came across this site below, which is awesome – it lists all these other sites you can add to your bookmarks, and they’re all in one place.  http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php

No comments:

Post a Comment