Saturday, April 12, 2014

SoundCloud Post #2


SoundCloud - A Really Cool Little Program
SoundCloud was familiar to me before this class only because I work in an educational environment, but I had never done much with it or thought that much about it. I made an initial post earlier in the week to test it out that had a link to a few audio files that I liked.  Then I started thinking about what else SoundCloud could be used for, besides sharing music that I like with friends or coworkers on Twitter.
One use that I thought of was for teachers that are out on leave, whether it’s for one day or an extended period of time. SoundCloud gives them the ability to record lessons or podcasts for the person taking their place. I know that there are other applications that allow you to do this but one interesting thing I learned about SoundCloud after reading about it is that it lets students comment at a specific location below the audio file that the instructor creates. http://edtechteacher.org/index.php/teaching-technology/presentation-multimedia/podcasting

SoundCloud could also be used to assist people that are not comfortable with public speaking – it gives people the ability to record their own voice and play it back for themselves or others to critique the quality and provide feedback, so that they can improve on their speaking skills.  While searching for more information about SoundCloud, I came across this direct link titled Help 101s, which has all the different uses for SoundCloud divided up into several areas – very helpful if you’re looking for different ways it can be used.


No comments:

Post a Comment